Vitiligo is a type of pigmentation disorder as it causes the cells that give our skin its natural color to deteriorate or get destroyed. Because of this, milky white patches start to appear on different parts of the body sometimes even in the hair and inside of the mouth. Almost 10% of the Indian population suffers from this skin disease. It affects both males and females equally as well as people of all ages.
Understanding the causes
The precise cause of this skin disorder is yet to be determined but usually genetics, skin trauma, fear, mental stress is to be blamed, studies show that exposure to certain chemicals and medication may also trigger Vitiligo in a person. Vitiligo symptoms may include the formation of milky white patches of irregular dimensions and they may gradually spread over the larger areas.
Vitiligo is also connected with autoimmune diseases, thyroid, and diabetes as well. For example, a person suffering from thyroid has more chances of being affected by Vitiligo and someone who has Vitiligo has more chances of developing thyroid problems.
Vitiligo causes the destruction of “melanocytes” which are responsible for the formation of melanin (pigmentation). Melanin helps protect the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
Although Vitiligo is a very unpredictable disorder, Permanency of Vitiligo in a person is determined by the amount of spread in the body and level of de-pigmentation.
How is Vitiligo treated?
Homeopathy essentially offers safe, very effective, and smooth treatment for Vitiligo. Have a look at some of the advantages of homeopathic treatment of Vitiligo:
- Homeopathic medicines are very safe and never carry side effects.
- Homeopathic medicines offer long-term results.
- Homeopathic medicines are prescribed on an individual basis, so it focuses on getting rid of any primary disease as well.
- If this disorder is not properly controlled, it can never recover. Homeopathy cures the destruction of melanin so the disorder does not resurface.
- Homeopathy boosts the immune system and boosts re-pigmentation.
- If homeopathy is chosen as the primary mode of treatment at the early stages, treating it becomes much easier.
- Homeopathy raises the body’s overall health quality.
Over the years, more and more treatments to cure Vitiligo have come up. People can opt for conventional medicine, Ayurveda, phototherapy, but some of these modes of treatment involves harsh mechanisms and may bring along side effects. Homeopathy is considered to be the most befitting solution to the problem that intends to solve the problem without any side effect.
Dr Batra’s clinic has successfully treated over 45,000 skin disorders including Vitiligo over the past 35 years with the help of safe yet scientific modes of cure.